- Review: Miss U Mister
- Director : Sameer Hemant Joshi
- Star Cast : Siddharth Chandekar, Mrunmayee Deshpande, Dipti Lele, Rajan Bhise, Savita Prabhune, Avinash Narkar, Radhika Vidyasagar & Hrishikesh Joshi
- Screenplay: Sameer Joshi
- Director: Sameer Joshi
Quick Viewpoint: There isn’t a major flaw in the film that one can specify and say this is where it all goes wrong, but the film still goes wrong!
- As said earlier, the film isn’t really bad. It has relatable characters performed convincingly by good actors, it has a sense of belonging to the contemporary times in both spirit as well as the way it looks visually.
- The film would appeal to a wider audience both couples and the family audiences.
- Technically the film is well directed and the music too compliments the emotions of the film.
- The writing suffers from repeating the same conflict again & again making them redundant. Moreover we have no real emotional attachment with the characters to feel anything as such about them!
- The film’s main device is long distance relationships. But it hardly gets into the skin of the subject. All it does is exploit the surface of it that too being repetitive. Making a melodramatic love story out of the subject!
- When looked objectively at the characters and their lives we feel there’s nothing really problematic going on. Yet the film wishes to dramatize even the littlest of things, which makes the drama look forceful. A smarter perspective could have made this exact plot workable and the film turning into a subtle light-hearted take on modern relationships.
- By the end of the film, it almost becomes a jumble. It becomes incredibly difficult to understand what exactly is the point of the film! The film exploits lesser important plot points into sudden climax resolutions again for extra forceful dramatic touch!
Final Verdict: If you are used to watching sloppy melodramatic love stories ‘Miss U Mister’ might appeal to you, for others it might be a problematic watch.